Agents are not all created equally which makes choosing an agent a step in the process that is not to be skipped. Buying a property requires making many important financial decisions, understanding complex issues and completing a lot of paperwork. It helps to have an expert in your corner when undertaking such a large purchase. We can guide you through this process, and also provide you with access to property listings before they hit the general market.
Here are some factors to consider when choosing your real estate professional:
- Look for a full-time agent – one who has experience completing transactions similar to yours.
- Interview a few agents: Are they familiar with the area in which you are interested?
- Ask how about their work schedule. Are they available at night and on weekends?
- Ask about their credentials and education: A good agent will continually strive to improve and gain knowledge of the latest real estate trends and hold the highest designations in their respective fields of expertise, are members to National Association of Realtors (NAR) and designations and hold designations such as Accredited Buyer Representative (ABR).
- Does the agent return your calls promptly? Time is important when attempting to buy a property.
- Ask for a list of properties they have sold or a list of references.
- Choose an agent who listens attentively to your needs and concerns. Pick someone, with whom you feel comfortable.
Photo by Sean Drew for Local Magazine